Hey Slimming Slackers,
Since I did NOT get ONE diet tip from ANYONE …the prize will not be awarded.
Here are some tips from the ALREADY slender MS. PR to keep us going….
1) Don’t be afraid to throw food away—especially bad food. True—we hate to waste, but REALLY putting extra pounds on your thighs is NOT saving the planet. If you find that you can get by with just eating half your breakfast sandwich—give the other half away. Or if you feel you need the protein of the egg—just toss the top half of the roll—you still have all the taste and protein minus 100 calories of bun. The same goes for desserts—offer to share or just toss half.
2) Take snacks with you. If you are organized and have a modicum of self-control--bag a few small fun snacks to have with you at all times so you will not be tempted to run into Starbucks and get that 5,000 calorie chocolate, caramel, nut cookie bar to go with your skim milk latte. OR, if need be--Buy those little snack packs—sure they are bad for the environment, but when you lose weight—you will be helping the earth by taking up less room.
3) Don’t hesitate to take the stairs—it will give you exercise and make you look energetic and young, plus there is that added calorie burn.
4) If you find yourself eating something that you do not TRULY enjoy with all your heart—stop immediately. Put down that left over toast from your child’s breakfast, that store bought cookie that some evil person left on your desk. Only eat truly enjoyable calories.
5) Remember—denial is a bad thing—limit food, but don’t deny yourself pleasures. Make a list of non-negotiable food that you cannot give up. For me this would be coffee, with whole milk and sugar, good bread and red wine. I just need to adjust my food intake accordingly—so I only drink coffee during the day and have a huge dinner.
Next week’s challenge—send in your favorite exercise tips…
Prize for next week—exercise DVD by Jullian Michaels “Trouble Zones” She has some wonderful butt and ab exercises!