Friday, November 6, 2009

Walking in the City

I don't blame my weight gain on The Beast, but on The Husband. He is the one who is the country boy and needs to have a backyard--like a large dog.

I am such a city girl that walking was really my only exercise. I tried to walk in the suburbs, but people would stop and offer me rides as though my car MUST have broken down. And although our town is very pretty--not all parts are made for walking and often you must negotiate a major highway to get where you want to go.

I still walk in the city. I drive in early in the morning before work to walk around the Upper Westside--Riverside Drive, Broadway, Westend Avenue. Ahhh--the city. Take a look at this video interview of someone who walks about 90 miles a week in the city. It is really beautiful.

No comments: